Settle into the slow lane...
The Shepherd's hut, settled on top of the slope, gives you far reaching views across the valley. It sits peacefully amongst the waving grasses with badger trails a stone's throw away.
Inside, the hut has electricity (supplied by photovoltaic panels) & lights - along with a double deluxe mattress for a perfect night's sleep. It is well insulated & has a wood burning stove for all year round toastiness.
For cooking, settle into the slow lane & stroll down to the kitchen garden or wander through the orchard to gather ingredients. Create your culinary delights in the outdoor kitchen using gas hob & grill. Or cast yourself back into a simpler age & cook around the fire. Try out the kotlich or griddle.
Shepherd's hut features- the hut comfortably sleeps 2 adults
- At 16ft by 7ft the hut can accommodate more than just one shepherd!
- Full size double bed with deluxe mattress
- Inflatable mattresses also available for up to 2 children
- Space to pitch a tent if more than 2 people are staying
- Complimentary ingredients for first mornings cooked breakfast supplied.
- Organic veg box can be delivered
- Outdoor kitchen (gas) & Kotlich (wood), fridge
- Wood fuel is supplied
- Water on tap & own compost loo
- Bedding, linen & towels provided
- Simple washing facilities - washroom with basin, basic 20 litre solar shower
- Electricity provided by solar panels powering lights and 12 V sockets (cigarette lighter type)
- Maps, games, binoculars
- The hut is at the top of the slope - 2 mins walk from car area
- Dogs welcome
"We can honestly say we have never felt so relaxed before - even with two children with us! We have realised the simple things in life are the best: Best views, best bed, best location, best hosts, best swings!!
The only decision left to make is whether our next trip is with or without kids (although if we came without them we would never be forgiven!)
Iain, Helen, Florence and Betsy
"Wow! Absolutely breathtaking. The views, the welcome, the hut, the swing, the kitchen, the hosts - just perfect.
Had the most brilliant weekend! Really enjoyed 'camping in style and comfort.' The strawberries and peas from the garden, the peaceful comfy sleep, the bike ride and most of all, making unforgettable memories.
Thank you so much for everything!
Amy and Daniel, Manchester
We have loved every minute of our 'very different for us break!!' We did not know what to expect but we are now confirmed 'shepherds hut' people. The whole experience was magical... Cooking on the kotlich was fantastic with a hearty veg stew and toasted marshmallows with chocolate sauce. The hut and facilities are exceptionally clean and include everything you could wish for! Location and view were to die for. Loved picking mushrooms for tea and collecting wood for the camp fire.
Lesley and Karl